The growth of the Philippine economy has been fueled by the upsurging eCommerce industry, with research showing the statistics of the first three websites as the top players in the market.
Online shopping has become one of the most relevant sectors, and as we mentioned in our previous blog, we explained why it’s better to have your own website over a hosting platform.
In a nutshell, we are serious advocates of digital transformation, if you don’t already know.
ONLINE PRESENCE IS EVERYTHING!
If you’re reading this article, that probably means you’re marketing your products and services on your own.
That sounds great, especially because with your own eCommerce business website, you have:
- Exclusive Branding – fully customized and personalized
- Zero Competition – it’s all about YOU!
- Get Your Money’s Worth – evolving, mobile-responsive and secure pages
- Direct Marketing And Lead Generation – synchronize contacts from website to a CRM application.
- Freedom Of Content – post anything you want, under your company name and branding.
- Social Media Integration – your landing pages that redirects to your website can be shared across all of your social media platforms.
THE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
One of the most crucial parts of an eCommerce Business is the actual action of purchasing a product or service online, through online payments. When the check-out process is made easy for customers, your business has more chances of closing sales, compared to those who don’t.
This is why the check-out page is considered to be one of the most critical parts of your website. Customer profile and sensitive information like credit card numbers are disclosed. But if you want to make life easier, you can always use PayPal.
It’s no question that Paypal has become the popular choice for payment as financial technology (fintech) firms have offered the best solutions to make businesses more efficient and convenient. Here are both the perks and pitfalls of the PayPal Online Payment Setup:
|Easy use and setup||Digital goods are not covered by PayPal’s Seller Protection policies|
|Well-known by a lot of people (trustworthy)||Chargebacks come with expensive fees|
|No merchant account required||Account suspension will cause long-term frozen funds|
|Clients/customers can pay through PayPal without having an account||The clearance to withdraw money can take almost a week to process|
|Transaction fees are cheaper compared to merchant accounts||Some people just don’t want to use PayPal, it can be a dealbreaker for your business|
|Recurring payments can be setup||The high traffic of users makes it hard to contact their customer service|
|Shopping cart systems integration|
SETTING UP A PAYPAL BUSINESS ACCOUNT
- 1. Visit PayPal’s website and click on the “Sign Up” button.
2. Click on the “Business Account” box on the account selection page, then click on “Next.”
3. Enter your email address and click “Continue.”
4. Type a password and click “Continue.”
5. Enter your business information, including your first and last name, company name, and business address.
7. Enter the business type, category, subcategory, as well as an estimation of your monthly sales on the “Tell us about your business” tab, then click “Continue.”
8. Type your personal information, including your social security number’s last four digits, your date of birth, and your home address.
9. To complete the setup of your PayPal business account, click “Continue.”
10. Click on the confirmation link on the email that PayPal will send to the registered email address.
Once you set up online payments through PayPal business, the next step is to integrate the function into your eCommerce business website.
Don’t worry you don’t need to be a computer programmer or developer to do this. PayPal has a guide, providing all of the necessary code or HTML, just follow our steps below:
- 1. Log in to your Paypal Business Account
2. On the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the page, click on “Merchant Services.” Tap on “Build payment buttons for your website” on the Merchant Services tab. If you need a more specialized service than just payment buttons, use the phone number on the right side of the page to contact PayPal for assistance.
3. Follow the development page of the three steps on the press. The first stage allows you to choose a form of click, such as “Pay Now” or “Donate” and then enter the specifics of the payment. Steps two and three have extra, optional features.
4. After entering the details, click the “Create Tab” button at the bottom of the page. PayPal will send you a string of HTML code to put wherever you want the button to appear on your web page. For more support, just above the HTML list, click on the “Integration tips.”
5. Paste the HTML wherever you want the icon to appear on your website. Update your website with the resources of your web host or manually upload to your server the modified web pages.
6. Check yourself the new buttons by making sure they are working properly. Normally you don’t have to complete a complete transaction; just click the button and make sure it takes you to a payment page on the secure servers of PayPal itself. Search in the address bar of your browser for the “paypal.com” domain.
As the eCommerce industry continues to thrive in the Philippines, competition for different online businesses increase by the day. This guide teaches about the Paypal Online Payment Setup, but we’re here to also point out the importance of building a website for your eCommerce business.
Prosperna is proud to announce that we finally have a Website Builder specifically designed to kickstart your online presence in eCommerce, fully customizable according to your needs as a business with the PayPal Online Payment Setup integrated. Book a FREE DEMO with us so we can show you how it’s done.
Tech Guy & Real Estate Investor super passionate about helping real estate agents, brokers and developers grow their business to reach new levels of success.